Wednesday 17 March 2010

PuGtastic or PuGtarded?

Just a short post accompanied by some almost irrelevant pictures this evening. I wanted to post on an interesting topic that seems to have caused massive debate since it's conception - the Looking For Group (LFG) tool.

I can happily say I was dead excited about the new LFG tool - cross realm groups, teleport to dungeon, random dungeon selector and reasonably intelligent group selecting. What could possibly go wrong?

Well: people. I don't wish this to be a whining post full of QQ so I'll cut straight to my point: different battlegroups are very VERY different. I play on  two separate realms, Aeia and Gwen on EU-Steamwheedle Cartel and Ebitha on EU-The Venture Co. Go look up the battlegroups yourself... Now while no-one is free from what we once dubbed "The Pugtard Effect" I have found the chain running instances on Aeia and Gwen so much more pleasant than poor little Ebitha, to the extent that I had to change realm within 5 minutes of starting another WC run the other day. Lolboi's I can deal with, downright unpleasant human beings are another matter. Endless, endless lines such as "Teh Ghey", "WTF Tank, Ebay?", "gogogogogogogo" etc slowly wear you down - and you can guarantee they are the one's who'll ninja something. If it's not that it's some 12 year old in heirlooms - the following is pretty much and exact conversation I had in /p with a warrior tank in RFC (lets face it we were level 15) while playing Romm as a healer.

PuGtard: *Links Recount Data* Lol I win!!1
Me: Nice heirlooms
PuGtard: I'm not wearing heirlooms
Me: ...
PuGtard: I has more DPS tahn you cos, maybe you suck?
Me: Or maybe because I was your healer? Or were you too busy being uberpro to notice that.
PuGtard: *homophobic remark*
Me: [link to heirloom]
Me: [link to another heirloom]
PuGtard has left the group

To be honest he was lucky to just be humiliated and not reported but I'm not in the business of reporting people unless they are complete bastards or gold spammers.

TVC itself is a nice server, the others in the group seem to be otherwise - I'm hoping this isn't going to hamper progress for Ebitha. I'll end this rant with a pic of Ebitha in full pewpew mode in Wailing Caverns.

No comments:

Post a Comment